A Wildland Trekking Camping Tour is an incredible way to have an adventurous outdoor experience of world renowned national parks and wilderness destinations while hiking with only a light daypack and sleeping soundly in comfortable, vehicle-accessible camps. Led by expert hiking guides, we set up camp in established campgrounds (with showers) and embark on a series of unforgettable hikes! We provide all the gear, meals, transportation, permits, fees and reservations so you can focus 100% on hiking and and enjoying your national park camping vacation.
Your only "job" on these trips is absorbing and enjoying everything the national park, or parks, of your choice have to offer - their breathtaking views, challenging and fulfilling hikes, awe-inspiring natural and cultural history, wildlife, and unique natural wonders. Give us a call at 1-800-715-HIKE (4453) to learn more about any of our Basecamp hiking tours!
More About Guided Camping Vacations
What's Included on a Wildland Trekking Basecamp Tour?
Our signature basecamp tours are all-inclusive camping vacation tours to premier national parks and wilderness destinations. We provide local transportation, camping gear, wonderful meals, permits and fees, safety equipment including extensive first-aid kits and emergency communication devices, expert guides and more! One differentiating inclusion on our camping vacations is the natural and cultural intepretation the guides provide that help bring the national park(s) to life in a way that's different from camping and hiking on your own.
Why Join a Wildland Basecamp Tour?
There are many reasons our guests join our camping trips. Here are some common ones:
- Many guests prefer hiking and camping with local, professional guides to increase the safety and enjoyment of their national park adventure.
- Some guests are new to camping and don't own the gear, so joining a tour makes practical and financial sense.
- For many of our guests, a specific camping and hiking vacation (such as Yellowstone, Yosemite, or Utah's national parks) has been something they've wanted to do for a long time, and they want to make the very most of it.
- Some folks are most interested in the educational aspect of learning about the area they're hiking through, which is a huge perk of joining a professionally guided tour provided by a reputable company.
- Some guests join our camping tours for the ease and convenience of letting us handle the logistics so they can focus 100% on enjoying the hiking and camping experience.
- For most of our guests it's a combination of some or all of these points that they join our camping trips.
Choosing the Best National Park(s) for Your Camping Vacation
We offer basecamp tours in many mountain and canyon destinations in the USA, and internationally in Iceland. Mountain camping destinations include Yellowstone, Yosemite, Rocky Mountain National Park, and the Pacific Northwest (Olympic and Mount Rainier National Parks). Canyon destinations include Grand Canyon, Utah's amazing national parks (Zion, Bryce and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument), Sedona's Red Rock Country, Death Valley, and Joshua Tree. If you're looking for a summer trip, we recommend the mountain national parks and the Grand Canyon, where we camp at high elevation. If you're interested in a trip in the spring and fall, the best options are high desert destinations like Sedona and Utah. And winter trips are best in lower destinations like Joshua Tree and Death Valley. For more help choosing the right trip, feel free to call us 800-715-HIKE (4453)