Terms and Conditions
Payment ScheduleA $500 per person deposit is required to secure your spot. The balance is then due 60 days prior to your trip start date. Final acceptance of any participant is subject to receipt and review of all required forms, documents, and payment.
For day hikes and trips starting 60 days or less from today, full payment is required at the time you make your reservation.
Trip Itinerary Changes and Alternate TripsAll Wildland Trekking Company trips are subject to itinerary changes based on a variety of circumstances, including, but not limited to, permit availability, snowpack, river crossings, wildlife, park or land closures, and forest fires. At times alternate trips in different areas may be offered as substitutes. The price of a hiking trip will never change due to itinerary changes. Payments are not refundable for itinerary changes, alternate trips, and land closures. If a trip is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control and no alternate trip/itinerary is offered, a trip credit equal to the full amount paid will be issued.
Cancellation and Refund Policy - TRIPS IN THE USAThe Wildland Trekking Company reserves the right to cancel any trip because of inadequate sign-ups or other causes that make it infeasible for the scheduling of the trip. Please note that Trip Cancellations are different from Itinerary Changes - see above for information on Itinerary Changes. If we cancel a trip, we will inform you at least 30 days prior to departure, and a full refund of the total amount paid will be given, including the deposit. The Wildland Trekking Company is not responsible for additional expenses incurred by preparing for the trip (for example: non-refundable advance purchase air tickets, clothing, equipment, visa fees, medical expenses, etc.).
Multi-day Trip Cancellations
If you cancel or leave a trip for any reason:
- 90+ days prior to trip start: A full refund will be granted if you cancel within 10 days of making your reservation. After 10 days from your first payment we will grant you a full refund, less a $250 per person administrative fee.
- 89 - 60 days prior to trip start: full refund minus a $500 per person administrative fee.
- 59 - 30 days prior to trip start: refund of 50 percent of the trip cost.
- Less than 30 days prior to trip start: or once the trip has begun, there will be no refund.
Cancellation and Refund Policy - TRIPS OUTSIDE THE USAAll trips outside the USA are sold and operated by Wildland International (WI). WI reserves the right to cancel any trip because of inadequate sign-up or other causes that make it infeasible for the scheduling of the trip. If this is the case, we will inform you at least 65 days prior to departure, and a full refund will be given, including the deposit. Wildland International is not responsible for additional expenses incurred by preparing for the trip (for example: non-refundable advance purchase air tickets, clothing, equipment, visa fees, medical expenses, etc.). Refunds will not be issued for arriving late or leaving a trip early. Exceptions to the cancellation policy cannot be made for any reason, including weather, terrorism, civil unrest, or personal emergencies.
If you cancel or leave a trip for any reason:
- 60 or more days prior to the trip start date, a full refund will be granted if you cancel within 10 days of making your first payment. After 10 days from your first payment we will grant you a full refund, less a $500 per person administrative fee*.
- Between 59 and 30 days prior to the trip start date, we will retain 50 percent of the trip cost.
- Less than 30 days prior to the trip start date, or once the trip has begun, there will be no refund.
Transfer PolicyIf you transfer from one trip to another there may be transfer fees resulting from any permit or lodging deposits made on your behalf. See details below marked with an asterisk (*). Otherwise the policy is as follows:
- More than 60 days prior to the trip start date, you may transfer from one trip to another with no associated fees.
- Between 59 and 30 days prior to the trip start date; there will be a $100 per person transfer fee.
- Less than 30 days prior to the trip start date regular cancellation and refund policies will apply.
Trip InsuranceTRAVEL SE
This product is the best-selling for Wildland Trekking. The policy includes trip cancellation protection in addition to medical and emergency evacuation benefits. All US Residents are eligible for the Travel SE product. It is NOT a CANCEL FOR ANY REASON product.
US Residents (Except New York) are eligible for Travel LX product. The policy includes trip cancellation protection in addition to increased medical and emergency evacuation benefits. The Travel LX policy also INCLUDES Cancel for ANY REASON. To be eligible you must purchase the policy within 20 days of initial trip payment, insure 100% of your pre-paid trip costs, and cancel 2 or more days prior to departure. A CANCEL for ANY REASON Claim reimburses a maximum of 75% of the trip cost.
Get a Quote and Compare the Plans By Clicking Here.
Trip Insurance for Non-US ResidentsIf you are not a US Resident and are Traveling Internationally, it is best to contact Michael Bennett directly. Michael handles Trip Insurance and International Medical Insurance for a multitude of insurance companies around the world. He can help you identify the best product for your needs. There are no costs associated with using Michael’s assistance. See his contact information below.
If you are only interested in international medical insurance click here to learn more.
Need help? Want to learn more?
Email Michael Bennett at WildLandTrekking@EasyToInsureME.com
US: Call 877-305-9083
Some of the Most Common Claims
- Sickness or injury of insured, family member, or travel companion
- Weather -missed connecting flight and cancellations
- Job Loss or Job Relocation
- Death of a grandparent, elderly parent or immediate family member
- Getting called for Jury Duty
- Documented Traffic Accident
- Trip destination becomes uninhabitable from a wild fire or flooding
- Theft of passport
The above list are just some of the problems that could occur to disrupt your trip.
Shop for Trip Insurance now.
Request a Reservation
Request a reservation on one of our award-winning hiking and backpacking tours!Request a Reservation
We highly recommend protecting your travel investment with trip insurance - read more here.Trip Insurance Page
Check out last minute discounts on Wildland tours - 25% off select departures.See Discounted Tours
Add a custom Wildland Trekking t-shirt onto your reservation and pick it up before your trip.See Shirts
Get information on recommended hotels, shuttle services, travel logistics and more!See Travel Resources