Global Adventures Terms and Conditions
Payment ScheduleA $500 per person deposit is required to secure your spot. The balance is then due 60 days prior to your trip start date. Final acceptance of any participant is subject to receipt and review of all required forms, documents, and payment.
Trip Itinerary Changes and Alternate TripsAll Wildland Trekking Company trips are subject to itinerary changes based on a variety of circumstances, including, but not limited to, permit availability, snowpack, river crossings, wildlife, park or land closures, and forest fires. At times alternate trips in different areas may be offered as substitutes. The price of a hiking trip will never change due to itinerary changes. Payments are not refundable for itinerary changes, alternate trips, and land closures. If a trip is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control and no alternate trip/itinerary is offered, a trip credit equal to the full amount paid will be issued.
Cancellation and Refund PolicyThe Wildland Trekking Company reserves the right to cancel trips. The Wildland Trekking Company is not responsible for additional expenses incurred by preparing for the trip (for example: non-refundable advance purchase air tickets, clothing, equipment, visa fees, medical expenses, etc.).
Exceptions to our cancellation policy cannot be made for any reason, including weather, terrorism, civil unrest or personal emergencies. There is no refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early.
If you cancel or leave a multi-day trip for any reason*:
- More than 60 days prior to the trip start date, we will grant you a full refund less a $100 per person administrative fee*.
- Between 59 and 30 days prior to the trip start date, we will retain 50 percent of the trip cost.
- Less than 30 days prior to the trip start date, or once the trip has begun, there will be no refund.
- Our Inca Trail Trek and Short Inca Trail Lodge-based Tour in Peru both have a minimum $200 per person cancellation fee, and guests are responsible for any non-refundable hotel charges we incur - all other terms and conditions apply as usual.
- Kilimanjaro requires a $130 per person non-refundable room deposit, resulting in a $230 per person minimum cancellation fee for this trip. Kilimanjaro + Safari requires a $500 per person non-refundable room deposit, resulting in a $500 per person minimum cancellation fee for this trip.
- Patagonia trips require a non-refundable room deposit resulting in a $350 per person minimum fee for cancellations.
- On Canadian Rockies trips, cancellations and transfers fewer than 46 days prior to the trip start date are not eligible for a refund.
Transfer PolicyIf you transfer from one trip to another there may be transfer fees resulting from any permit or lodging deposits made on your behalf. See details below marked with an asterisk (*). Otherwise the policy is as follows:
- More than 60 days prior to the trip start date, you may transfer from one trip to another with no associated fees.
- Between 59 and 30 days prior to the trip start date; there will be a $100 per person transfer fee.
- Less than 30 days prior to the trip start date regular cancellation and refund policies will apply.
- Inca Trail trips in Peru have a minimum $200 per person transfer fee, and guests are responsible for any non-refundable hotel charges we incur.
- Kilimanjaro trips require a non-refundable room deposit resulting in a $230 per person minimum transfer fee.
- Kilimanjaro trips with the Safari tour added have a $500 per person minimum transfer fee.
- Patagonia trips have a $350 per person minimum transfer fee. All other terms and conditions apply.
Health Insurance TermsWildland Trekking and Wildland International strongly recommends the purchase of trip cancellation, emergency transportation, medical, and repatriation insurance. It is your responsibility to secure your own insurance. If you elect not to secure travel insurance you are responsible for all costs associated with a medical emergency and/or evacuation, as well as trip cancellation, air flight, lost baggage and baggage delay costs. Additionally, individual participants are responsible for costs associated with leaving a trip early for any reason.
Travel Insurance TermsFor your protection, we strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance. Travel insurance provides you with trip cancellation/interruption, travel delay, medical expenses, emergency assistance, air flight, baggage and baggage delay coverages to protect your financial investment.
Trip InsuranceTRAVEL SE
This product is the best-selling for Wildland Trekking. The policy includes trip cancellation protection in addition to medical and emergency evacuation benefits. All US Residents are eligible for the Travel SE product. It is NOT a CANCEL FOR ANY REASON product.
US Residents (Except New York) are eligible for Travel LX product. The policy includes trip cancellation protection in addition to increased medical and emergency evacuation benefits. The Travel LX policy also INCLUDES Cancel for ANY REASON. To be eligible you must purchase the policy within 20 days of initial trip payment, insure 100% of your pre-paid trip costs, and cancel 2 or more days prior to departure. A CANCEL for ANY REASON Claim reimburses a maximum of 75% of the trip cost.
Get a Quote and Compare the Plans By Clicking Here.
Trip Insurance for Non-US ResidentsIf you are not a US Resident and are Traveling Internationally, it is best to contact Michael Bennett directly. Michael handles Trip Insurance and International Medical Insurance for a multitude of insurance companies around the world. He can help you identify the best product for your needs. There are no costs associated with using Michael’s assistance. See his contact information below.
If you are only interested in international medical insurance click here to learn more.
Need help? Want to learn more?
Email Michael Bennett at WildLandTrekking@EasyToInsureME.com
US: Call 877-305-9083
Some of the Most Common Claims
- Sickness or injury of insured, family member, or travel companion
- Weather -missed connecting flight and cancellations
- Job Loss or Job Relocation
- Death of a grandparent, elderly parent or immediate family member
- Getting called for Jury Duty
- Documented Traffic Accident
- Trip destination becomes uninhabitable from a wild fire or flooding
- Theft of passport
The above list are just some of the problems that could occur to disrupt your trip.
Shop for Trip Insurance now.