Global Hiking Vacations & Tours
Picture yourself hiking into the glacial-capped Andes on your way to Machu Picchu. Or up to the towering granite spires of Patagonia in Torres del Paine National Park. Trek into the brilliant world of waterfalls, geothermal features, glaciers, and volcanoes in Iceland. Or into the highest mountain range in the world, the Himalayas, and also past amazing monasteries and mountain cultures, in Nepal. Or the Alps, where cozy Italian and French mountain villages await our arrival with warm rooms and amazing cuisine. The list goes on... Our global destinations cover the very best of all the world has to offer eager travelers and hiking enthusiasts!
Our global hiking vacations and hiking tours include backpacking trips, inn-based tours, camping-based tours, porter and horse supported hikes, and more! Whether you like to hike or love to hike, we have plenty of options for all ability levels and levels of adventure!
Top Global Trekking Tours
- Most Popular Overall Trip - Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Most Amazing Scenery - Cordillera Huayhuash in Peru
- Most Adventurous Trip - Kilimanjaro Trek
- Most Family Friendly Tour - Best of Iceland Lodge-based
- Highest Mountains - Everest Basecamp Tour
- Best of Summer - Laugavegur to Skogar Trek in Iceland
- Best of Winter - Torres del Paine O Circuit Trek
- Most Unique Trip - Laguna Quilotoa Trek
- Best Backpacking Trip - Canadian Rockies Backpacking Trip
- Most Amazing Lodging - Tour du Mont Blanc
- Best Cuisine - Vietnam Sapa Trek
What is a Hiking Vacation?
A hiking vacation can of course take many forms, but for most people it's a trip on which they leave their home town or city and travel to a new destination to hike, explore, learn and discover. Some of the most popular destinations in the world for a hiking vacation are New Zealand; the Alps in Switzerland, Italy, France, and Austria; the Canadian Rockies, Peruvian Andes, Patagonia, the Himalayas in Nepal, Tibet and China; and Iceland to name a handful.
Camp or Accommodations?
Many people choose to camp when embarking on a far-flung hiking vacation, but staying in a variety of accommodations can also be very enriching without detracting from the level of adventure. Accommodations can include hotels, lodges, mountain huts, teahouses (in Nepal), and refugios (elaborate backcountry huts in South America).
Backpacking or Trekking?
It's possible to go on multi-day backpacking trips at many hiking vacation destinations around the world. Most international guided tours are either portered backcountry trips or stay in mountain huts, teahouses and refugios. A portered trip can be a truly fantastic way to hike and explore other countrys. Our Cordillera Huayhuash Trek is an excellent example - it's a true wilderness trip in the second highest mountain range in the world, but porters and horses transport supplies so Wildland guests are able to hike with light day packs.
Why a Guided Hiking Vacation with Wildland Trekking?
Going with a trekking company will offer many benefits to the international traveler:
- Guests travel light and free, without having to worry about gear and supplies.
- Logistical and cultural complexities (local travel, permits, food purchasing, reservations...etc.) in other countries are handled for you, so you can relax and focus on enjoying the adventure travel experience.
- Learn from local guides and experts - all Wildland trips include thoroughly vetted and trained, expert, local guides who you will learn about the destination region from.
- Hand-picked, world class hiking itineraries - simply put, going with a company like Wildland Trekking will ensure you are investing your time and money on a trip worth doing. We only offer world-class itineraries.
- Emergency and evacuation systems are in place in case they are needed.