Great Smoky Mountains Hiking Tours
The Great Smoky Mountains are an unparalleled range of ecologically diverse, historically rich, naturally beautiful mountains straddling the border between North Carolina and Tennessee. Great Smoky Mountains National Park is home to an amazing amount of wildlife, incredible hiking and backpacking routes, huge Appalachian views, rushing rivers, plunging waterfalls and wonderful history. This park is one not to miss!
Our Great Smoky Mountains hiking tours include Appalachian backpacking trips, portered hiking trips, inn-based hiking tours, and Smoky Mountain day hike tours. All of our Great Smoky Mountains hiking and backpacking trips are expert-led, all-inclusive, and feature top-of-the-line-gear and fantastic food! Don’t wait! Call us today between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at 1-800-715-HIKE to start planning your unforgettable Great Smoky Mountains hiking tour adventure.
Top Smoky Mountain Hiking Tours
- Guides Choice - Mount Sterling Appalachian Loop
- Best Summer Trip - Fontana Lake-Hazel Creek
- Best Weekend Trip - Gregory Bald Loop
- Best Winter Trip - Winter Creeks & Peaks
- Most Family-friendly - Deep Creek Family Trip
- Most Remote - Smoky Mountain Traverse
- Most Unique - Paddle & Hike Adventure
- Top Inn-based - Best of the Smokies Tour
- Top Camping - Yellowstone Basecamp Tour
- Top Day Hike - Charlies Bunion
Why Hike the Smokies with Us?
More Information About Great Smoky Mountains Trips
Choosing the Right trip in the Great Smoky Mountains
Our Great Smoky Mountains hiking tours include:
- Appalachian Backpacking Trips – Our backpacking trips are the perfect way to explore the majesty of the Smoky Mountains. We have expert guides, the best gear and multiple levels of Great Smoky Mountains hiking tours. You can enjoy backpacking the Smoky Mountains according to your own experience level and preferred degree of challenge. We offer everything from overnight hikes to a full week of Great Smoky Mountain trails. From the Mount Sterling Appalachian Loop to the Gregory Bald Loop and many in between, we offer a variety of adventures.
- Portered Hiking Trips – If you prefer to be a bit less encumbered when hiking the Great Smoky Mountains, consider one of our portered hiking trips. You’ll have all the top-of-the-line gear you need without the inconvenience of having to drag it all to every stop. Just carry a light daypack for yourself and our professional porters will take care of the rest, including setting up and breaking down camp when the time arrives. Add in our great meals and expert hiking guides, both included, and it’s an experience you’re sure to love.
- Inn-Based Hiking Tours – If hiking and sightseeing is your thing, but camping really isn’t, we have the perfect option for you. Our Inn-Based Hiking Tours allow you to enjoy the full experience of hiking during the day and enjoying great meals and bedding down in a cozy inn at night. You’ll see some of the best the Smoky Mountains has to offer over several days of quality day hikes with our best guides, experiencing amazing biodiversity, beautiful waterfalls and awe-inspiring vistas. You'll wake up refreshed every morning and ready for the next adventure thanks to the lodging we arrange.\
- Paddle and Hike Tours – If you know anything about the Smoky Mountains other than the signature and breathtaking rising fog that gives them their name, you probably know people love to kayak in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, too. Our guests absolutely love our Paddle and Hike Adventure, a three-day unforgettable experience that features beautiful scenic island camping, a fire tower hike, authentic backcountry cuisine that your guide prepares and sunset paddling. It’s an adventure you’ll never forget.
- Smoky Mountain Day Hike Tours – Don’t have a whole week or even a few days to get away to the Great Smoky Mountains? We can still make sure you take in plenty of this natural wonder. Our extremely popular guided day hike tours include expert guidance through some of the key locations in the mountains, where you’ll learn natural and cultural history as you visit fascinating historical sites and experience the natural beauty of the area. A friendly and knowledgeable Smoky Mountains hiking guide, food and basic gear are all included, and you have several day tours to choose from. You won’t believe how much you can see and do in the Smokies in one day.