Rocky Mountain National Park Trips
Rocky Mountain National Park is in many ways the heart of Colorado's stunning rocky mountains. Home to towering Longs Peak (14,259'), which stands guard over the rest of the Park, Rocky Mountain is a Colorado hiking and backpacking paradise. With waterfalls, abundant wildlife, pristine rivers and creeks, crystal clear lakes, tree-studded ridges, and soaring alpine peaks, there's abundant world-class scenery to hold our attention.
Our Rock Mountain National Park hiking tours include Colorado backpacking trips, porter and llama supported treks, a basecamp Rocky Mountain hiking tour, inn-based Colorado hiking tours, and Rocky Mountain National Park day hikes. All trips are all-inclusive and led by our award-winning hiking and backpacking guides. All trips are all-inclusive and led by our award-winning hiking and backpacking guides. To learn more or to plan Rocky Mountain hiking tours right now, call us at 1-800-715-HIKE between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. today!
Wildland Trekking is authorized by the National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, to conduct services in Rocky Mountain National Park.
Rocky Mountain National Park Hiking Tours
|Continental Divide Loop||5 days||27mi (43km)||25-35 lbs|
|Thunder Lake||3-4 days||22mi (35km)||25-35 lbs|
|Across the Divide||5 days||25+mi (40+km)||25-35 lbs|
|Longs Peak Loop||5 days||24mi (38km)||30-40 lbs|
|Mummy Range Trek||5 days||25+mi (40+km)||35-45 lbs|
|Portered Thunder Lake||3 or 4 days||18+mi (29+km)||10 lbs|
|Portered Ouzel Lake||3-4 days||15+mi (24+km)||10 lbs|
|Portered Odessa Gorge||3 days||15+mi (24+km)||10 lbs|
|Thunder Lake Llama Adventure||4 days||22mi (35km)||10 lbs|
|Family Llama Adventure||3 days||17mi (27km)||10 lbs|
|Mummy Mountain Llama Trek||4 days||20mi (32km)||10 lbs|
|Best of Rocky Mountain Tour||5 days||45+mi (60+km)||10 lbs|
|Rocky Mountain Snowshoe Tour||4 days||35+mi (50+km)||10 lbs|
|Rocky Mountain Basecamp Tour||5 days||27mi (43km)||10 lbs|
|Glacier Gorge||5-8 hours||7-10mi (11-16km)||10 lbs|
|Odessa Gorge Adventure||6-8 hours||9.2mi (15km)||10 lbs|
|Chasm Lake||6-8 hours||8.5mi (13.5km)||10 lbs|
|Mount Chiquita||6-8 hours||7+mi (11+km)||10 lbs|
|Emerald Lake Snowshoe||4-5 hours||4mi (6.5km)||10 lbs|
|Hallett Peak Ascent||6-8 hours||9mi (14km)||10 lbs|
Why Hike Rocky Mountain National Park with Us?
- More Reasons to Hike with Wildland
- Meet Our Guides and Staff
- Guest Reviews
- Mission and Philosophy
- Partners & Media
"Longs Peak was one of the most challenging trips our family has taken but every step was well worth it. Joy was an excellent guide who was knowledgeable of the area and made the trip so much fun. I would absolutely recommend a backpacking trip with wildland trekking as im sure the other guides and trails are just as awesome as Longs Peak." - Lindsey C.
"Wonderful experience with enough physical challenge to make it a true hiking adventure. I came back feeling invigorated and excited trying to stay more connected to Nature. Thanks so much!" - Mary I.
"Our guide, Jason Bull, was fantastic. He went above and beyond with his meals, trail and wildlife information, and overall care to ensure we had the most enjoyable trip possible. For me, this was the trip of a lifetime and Jason was huge factor in that. He helped reintroduce me to my love of nature and spurred my desire for future trips. Thanks again!" - Matt E.
More Information About Rocky Mountain Trips
Choosing the Right Rocky Mountain Hike
Our Rocky Mountain National Park hikes include:
- Colorado Backpacking Trips – Our backpacking tours give you the opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the most majestic features of the Colorado Rockies. Whether you’re a veteran hiker or just starting out, we have incredible backpacking trails that will fit you, from our basic Thunder Lake hike or the more daunting Mummy Range Trek and many in between. You can enjoy all kinds of natural wonders, from mountain lakes to glaciers to forests to flowering meadows.
- Basecamp Rocky Mountain Hiking Tours – If you’re looking for a fantastic mountain hiking adventure without an overly long trek and a lot of heavy gear, you’ll love our Basecamp Rocky Mountain Hiking Tours. Carrying only a light backpack, you’ll get to see unbelievable mountain views, Colorado animal habitats like those of elk, deer and even bears, with evenings at a quiet, private campground with showers and delicious meals. It’s the perfect, relaxing, low-key tour of the Rocky Mountains.
- Inn-Based Colorado Hiking Tours – Looking to combine a hiking adventure with a charming inn vacation? Try out of our Inn-Based Colorado Hiking Tours. By day, enjoy the full Rocky Mountain experience with adventures like wildlife exploration, visiting waterfalls, alpine hiking and snowshoeing, and by night enjoy the comfort of a delightful lodge in Estes Park. It’s the type of adventure vacation the whole family will love.
- Porter and Llama Treks – You enjoy the full Rocky Mountain National Park hiking tour experience, and we handle all the gear. Carry just a light day pack as you follow our expert guides through the backcountry, while our courteous and professional porters or friendly trail llamas carry our supplies. Great guides, professional porters, friendly llamas high-quality gear and all meals are provided, so you can focus on enjoying your hike.
- Rocky Mountain National Park Day Hikes – Day hikes in Rocky Mountain National Park hiking are among our most popular adventures. You'll enjoy a full day of great Rocky Mountain National Park hiking. Some people don’t always have a free week to explore the Rocky Mountains, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy some of the best the Rocky Mountains have to offer. We make it happen with these one-day guided tours right into the heart of the Continental Divide. You won’t believe how much exploring we can pack into one day. You’ll see waterfalls, wildlife, wildflowers, alpine meadows and more, all under the watchful eye and guidance of our professional trip guide.
- Snowshoe Tours – If you haven’t hiked the Rocky Mountains in winter, you haven’t hiked the Rocky Mountains. Our snowshoe tours give you the opportunity to experience the snow-capped winter Rocky Mountains up close in all their glory. You’ll enjoy four days of amazing snowshoeing past animal winter habitats, alpine lakes and some of the most breathtaking views anywhere. If four days is more time than you have, ask about our one-day Emerald Lake snowshoe tour.